Thursday, May 30, 2013

How'd my boy turn 18 months old already??

It's already been 6 months since my last post... whoops!  We've been really busy!  Yesterday, my precious baby boy turned a year and a half... I suppose he's not a baby anymore, but he'll always be my baby (Remember that book?  Talk about a tear jerker).  He is the absolute most wonderful blessing that has ever happened to Dan and I, even on the rougher days.  Jack is a very sweet little boy and can pick up on how people are feeling very quickly.  Yesterday, Jack and I were wrestling around laughing hard when he stops, messes up my hair, grabs my cheeks, and kisses my nose just because.  What a sweet boy he is! 


 Here's his 12 month stats:                               Here's his birthday stats:
Weight- 28 pounds                                             Weight- 9lbs 1 oz
Length- 31 inches?  (He was moving)          Length- 20.5 inches
Head Circumference- 19ish inches              Head Circumference- 14 inches



 
Recent Accomplishments:
*Jack now has 16 teeth and I believe is starting to work on his 2nd year molars. 
*Can throw AND catch a ball
*Loves the water again (we went through a solid month or so of him being terrified of it)
*Loves to "give a pound" to anyone (knuckles)
*Blows kisses to anyone when we leave
*This kid is tough.  He'll fall and hit his head on the ground and only cry for a second. Tough as nails!
*Enjoys cuddling again!  Yahoo!!
*Will let me trim his nails
*Loves playing with other kids
*Is a great helper! Especially loves to throw things away, help in with groceries, and water the garden
*Is starting to talk, and it is so awesome.  He can say ball, baseball, football, banana (pronounces it like "lalalaba), baby, duck, dog, kitty, apple, yeah!, no, water, etc.
*On the words he can't quite pronounce, he'll at least get the correct amount of syllables  
*He can also understand pretty much anything when we are talking to him
*Sleeps from 730pm to 8 or 830am.  Boo yah!!!
*Loves to feed himself using a fork or spoon and is getting the hang of it!
*He's also getting pretty good at drinking from a cup

Less than favorites:
*Throws a pretty good fit
*Pretty shy with adults within the last month or so.  I mean, pretty darn shy.  He hides his face when unfamiliar people talk to him
*Lives on air and water.  Jack is so so so picky now! 
*Can be pretty stubborn... a trait I wish he didn't get from me


I've recently decided to stop coaching at the gym on a consistent basis.  I'll go in and sub, but I feel really strongly that I should be spending that time with my family.  They mean everything to me and I want to be the absolute best mom possible.  I feel good about my decision, though I will really miss the gym.  I'm thankful for all the experience I've had there- it was a very hard decision, but a decision that had to be made.  With the time I have now, we are able to go on more "adventures", which is my favorite thing to do with my little best friend.  We love exploring, going to throw rocks in the river, the splash parks, pools, parks, the science center, and walks.  It's amazing to watch Jack grow and learn, and is the most rewarding thing I've experienced.  I absolutely adore being Jack's Mama.  I know I was meant to be his Mama and take pride in who he is becoming. 





3 comments:

  1. You are such a great mom Rachael! That little boy definitely know how much he is loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good Mama you are! So fun to read this update. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is so cute!!! he looks just like you!!

    ReplyDelete