Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Adventure to Chicago

As mentioned in the last post, Dan has been so very consumed with studying for the first part of his boards (by the way, I'm absolutely not complaining, just explaining). With that said, Jack and I didn't see much of him, except at dinner.  Dan comes home last Wednesday for to eat some grub and says to me, "Hey, I have an idea.  Because I can't spend much time hanging out this weekend, why don't you and Jack drive up to see Bekah!".  I was like, "Yeah!  Why don't we!"  So, we did.  And it was so very very awesome.  I love Bekah and her sweet family.  Seriously, awesome people, awesome kids.
We took off on Thursday at 5:45am (I LOVE last minute trips, they're the best) and ventured off for the expected 6 hr 15min drive.  Well, that drive turned into an 8 and a half hour drive.  In the very hot heat.  With a screaming Jack.  There was a terrible wreck (my prayers go out to the people affected by it) and we were stopped for about an hour and a half.  I never thought we'd get there.  But we did!  Horray!  It was so great to see them.  It was definitely a quick trip and I wished we could have stayed longer, but it was totally worth every minute of the drive out.  It makes me so excited to (hopefully) live closer to my family.
For the record, the drive home went great.  Jack is a champ.
Here's some pictures from our adventure:

Annie Bananie

Annie was hilarious with Jack.  She kept saying, "Awww cute!"  Jack kept smiling huge.  It was so cute!

I swear, Jack and Peter have this sweet little connection

Playing in the slip-n-slide with the boys.  Jack LOVES the water!

Plumber's crack


My beautiful sister

Bath with Annie!

Cute Liem :)

Splash park

Possibly one of my favorite pictures ever!

Silly, silly boys
Thanks for the great time Wilson family!

4 comments:

  1. What the?!?! I'm so jealous! I wish I could just hop in the car and visit my sistas. Miss you guys so, so much and cannot wait to see you so soon! Love the pictures by the way. I love that one of Jack laying on his belly on the slip n slide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love last minute trips!! And that splash park is so cool I want to go there! Sorry jack had a hard time on the way up, I can semi handle when eve cries while the car is moving, but If I'm stopped I can't handle it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute pictures! Glad u had fun! Miss u like crazyx so we must hang out right when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't believe you have a KID! And that he is so chubby! I just want to squeeze him! He is so so adorable. So happy for you and your cute family! Good luck to Dan on his boards!

    ReplyDelete