Monday, December 5, 2011

Manchild Finally Came!

Meet Jack.  He's cute and fat.


Jackson Timothy Adair came to meet us on November 29th, 2011 (his due date!) at 8:22pm.  He only made his mamma push for 20 minutes.  He weighs a whopping 9 pounds 1 oz, 20.5 inches long, and has a 14 inch head... big boy!  He is a superb eater and sleeper so far (praying that will last)!  

So the story:
I had been having contractions for 2 and a half weeks, so when November 29th rolled by, I had no hope of actual labor happening.  I decided to go to the gym for a good work out in the morning, go home to shower and clean up, then head to Marshalls to continue my nesting, something I have been obsessing over in the last few weeks.  I found some cute kitchen towels and an oven timer and decided to go stand in line to pay for them when... you guessed it... my water broke, or at least I was hoping so because who wants to pee their pants in public, right?  The one day I wear my light grey sweats!  So I frantically dropped the stuff I was going to buy and waddled out to the car.  I tried calling Dan, no luck.  He was taking a final and didn't have good phone reception.  I called a few more times, no luck.  I started to drive home laughing to myself when he called back.  He got out of his final with a standing ovation from his class and hopped on the bus to meet me at home.

We made it to the hospital at about 2:30pm hoping I didn't just pee my pants- turns out my water broke.  Every time I laughed, more came out, so Dan decided to make me hysterically laugh non-stop.  Ha! I was dilated to 5 cm already so they wanted to get thing going.  They started me on pitocin (sp?) and I got the epidural and things started to to feel good.  The epidural worked fantastic until it came time to push... then it became super painful.  I only had to push for 20 minutes and along came Jack.  He came so fast, he beat the doctor- the nurse had to take the snap!

It was the most amazing feeling to hold him for the first time (and every time I hold him).  I have never felt so proud in my life.  I have never been so in love with Dan in my life.  How can I love a baby I have never met so much?  Incredible.  Absolutely incredible.  He (Jack and Dan) are absolutely perfect!  The whole process was perfect.

Here are some pictures:













11 comments:

  1. Way to go mama!! Nothing like an easy breezy labor and delivery!! So happy for you guys! I love all his chunkiness. He is just perfect. That last pic of him and you is adorable! Love his name! ... But I guess I would! Hehe :) gotta love little Jacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! what a cutie. I love how full his cheeks are i could just squeeze him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story!! And I love that Dan made you laugh hysterically once he found out more water came out when you laughed!! So funny! Jackson is adorable and it sounds like he was never a newborn...whopping nine pounds?! That's awesome! Way to go Rachael (and Dan)!! Sounds like everything went off without a hitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great update :) it was sweet and it made me laugh...(now you need to go back and get that timer and those towels!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. MUST SQUEEZE THE CHEEKS. Congrats Rachel and Dan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the story.
    1st, I bet there was a little pee along with the water breaking. I'm sure of it. 2nd. That is SWEET you only had to push for 20 minutes! I hope that's me!
    3rd I love that you're so happy. We are getting to that kids point and sometimes it just scares me so much, the responsibility, the never having life be the same. When I ready about you guys it makes me feel like I could actually do it.
    4th i LOVE the chubby cheeks. So stinken cute!
    5th this is really chelse ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Rach and Dan!! He is so cute. I can't believe you had a nine pound baby...good job lady!! You look great. I also need your address to send you a christmas card. my email is velvee15@hotmail.com if you don't want to send it on the blog. Miss you.
    -Velvet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! He is so handsome and perfect!! Glad to know all is well, and loved reading your story!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! He is such a cutie!!! I am so happy for you! I still laugh so hard every time you call him your man child :) I'm glad the birth went well and that all is beautiful in your life. We are giving you all a standing ovation from this little house :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree- He is cute and fat! Hope you are recovering well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dude, grey pants! lol That sucks, but makes for a good story I guess. :) Man, I never would have guessed you'd have a 9 pounder! I need to meet him and poke those cute cheeks. :) I'm glad things went as well as they did for you and I'm WAY happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete